Curse of the Chupacabra

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pineapple Upside Down Cake In A Glass

So, you may or may not have been fooled by the words "In A Glass", but in case this is what you thought I was talking about...


It's not.  (Although, I am having second thoughts now).  But no... Focus Michael!

In actuality, I am talking about this...


That's right!  A pineapple upside down cake in a glass!

Remember two months ago when I posted how excited I was that Billy Crystal was returning as host for the Academy Awards?  Well, as I do every year, I threw an Oscar Party and my sister-friend Cheryl came to the party - as she does every year - but this time, she brought with her the mixings for this alcoholic anomaly that I have not been able to stop thinking about no matter how much I give in and feed the toxic temptress in my head.  (Yes, this still counts as an obsession and not alcoholism).

This is now, officially, my drink of choice.  So, "thank you" sister-friend Cheryl for having the same bad influence over me in our adult years as you did when we were children.  And the best part is, it's so easy to make!


Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe

1 oz.  UV Cake Vodka
2 oz.  Pineapple Juice

Combine ingredients with ice in a shaker.  Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.  Add a splash of grenadine.


Et voila!  Obviously, the key ingredient is "Cake Vodka" and as far as I know, UV is the only vodka manufacturer that makes "Cake Vodka".  The bottle looks like this...


So there you have it - the first recipe I feel compelled to share.  But to really appreciate this drink, I suggest you have a love for pineapple upside down cake.  The beverage really lives up to its name.

Cheers!

1 comment:

BORN IN BLOOD

Born in Blood by Kate Paulk. $1.99 from Smashwords.com
Vlad Dracul, known later in life as Vlad the Impaler, suffered more than any should at the hands of Mehmed, son of Sultan Murad. Of all the pain and indignities brought upon him at the behest of the future ruler of the Ottoman Empire, the curse was the worst. All the young Vlad can do is try to survive and plot his vengeance.