Curse of the Chupacabra

Monday, October 25, 2010

Harry Potter and the Major Obsession

For those who know me know that Harry Potter is not a little obsession with me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a full-blown Potterhead. I don't memorize passages in the books or collect Ron and Hermione bobble head dolls, but I do anxiously await with jittery anticipation for the next movies. I would do the same for the books, but alas, there will be no more of those (at least that's current story.)

I bring this up today because as I was watching the morning news, a new Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 TV spot appeared with about 75% new footage that I had never seen before. I was even at Comic-Con and viewed the exclusive Harry Potter trailer there, (which no one has seen since) and still recognized new footage that has sent me into a Harry Potter tizzy.

I realize that it is less than one month now until opening day (November 19th -- in sharpie, circled, highlighted), but there is always that day where time begins to drag 'til that monumental day. Well, today is that day for me. It's a very familiar feeling, like when I waited for Christmas as a child.

Now, I know there are far more obsessed muggles out there than myself and I would love to hear from them about what they do to pass the time. As for myself, I watch all the previous movies and maybe re-read a book or two. I also keep telling myself that there will be a day in the near future where I will own the movie and be able to watch it whenever I wish. This does seem to help... a little.

Okay, obsessive muggles. What do you do?

By the way, 25 days and counting! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. By the way, I posted the TV spot I'm referring to in the blog. You can view it if you so wish.

    ReplyDelete

BORN IN BLOOD

Born in Blood by Kate Paulk. $1.99 from Smashwords.com
Vlad Dracul, known later in life as Vlad the Impaler, suffered more than any should at the hands of Mehmed, son of Sultan Murad. Of all the pain and indignities brought upon him at the behest of the future ruler of the Ottoman Empire, the curse was the worst. All the young Vlad can do is try to survive and plot his vengeance.