Curse of the Chupacabra

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Oh, Fudge!!!


I like fudge for the most.  My favorite is the creamy kind, not the pure sugar, hard as a brick kind that is popular with a particular someone whom I live with.  However, there is one flavor of fudge that stands out above all others, especially this time of year.

I like pumpkin for the most too, but I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, not even enough to call it a 'little obsession', but put the fudge and the pumpkin together, THEN it becomes my obsession.  Yes, I love pumpkin fudge, but I want to particularly point out the pumpkin fudge made by the Disney Corporation is the one I love.  Long have the jokes of amusement park food stopped with me once Disney decided to take care and improve what they offered in their parks by bringing in five-star chefs and bakers.  Though they have not done away with all their sketchy food, their offerings have immensely improved and one of these choice items is their pumpkin fudge.  I also need to give props to my friend Steve for introducing me to the candy delight because I never would have tried it on my own without his recommendation.  Like I said before, pumpkin is not a flavor I jump for.  When ordering fudge, I usually opt for chocolate/peanut butter, which still is my favorite when not at Disneyland.

So, there you have it:  pumpkin fudge, a dark horse flavor that stands out above all others.  I've even recently tried to replicate the recipe on my own and did come close; I had the flavor but the consistency was not up to par.  Maybe with a little more practice I'll be able to nail it, but in the meantime, if I want a piece, I can always hop in my car and drive 3 miles to the Disneyland Resort.  I don't even need to purchase $100 ticket to get my $5 piece of fudge either!  I've recently discovered, thanks another friend Casey, Disney sells their holiday treat at the Marceline's Confectionery in Downtown Disney.

So, if you like or love pumpkin and the sweet, richness of fudge, go to your nearest Disney destination and try a piece.  If you haven't guessed by now, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

BORN IN BLOOD

Born in Blood by Kate Paulk. $1.99 from Smashwords.com
Vlad Dracul, known later in life as Vlad the Impaler, suffered more than any should at the hands of Mehmed, son of Sultan Murad. Of all the pain and indignities brought upon him at the behest of the future ruler of the Ottoman Empire, the curse was the worst. All the young Vlad can do is try to survive and plot his vengeance.