Curse of the Chupacabra

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

NOTICE: Michael Go Bye-Bye

Happy New Year!  I know it's January 11th and I know I have not posted for nearly 3 weeks, but with the holidays and all my little obsessions, I've been keeping busy - which is a good thing for me, otherwise...  well, who knows what could happen.  In fact, that is primarily what this post is about.  Think of it as one of those unexpected "Out of Town" emails you receive when you really need a response yesterday. 

I need to take a short hiatus - no more than a month.  Not only have I started work on my third novel (the first that will be absent of any chupacabra sightings) while my previous two novels continue to be picked and prodded with an editorial pen, I also have a new nephew (actually, he's my first nephew) who is due any day now who I will go visit ASAP in Northern California, and who will become my newest obsession.  And with that, I want you to know... I understand.  Unless you're family or friend to the parents of the baby, there is nothing more head drilling then being flooded by a ton of baby pictures or stories of the kid's first poo-poo.  How many times have you heard, "He/She's the cutest baby I've ever seen" or "Look how much hair is on his/her head" or "He/She has his daddy's eyes" - I know you don't care about that because you don't know baby daddy!  So I will keep all that obsessive banter down to a bare minimum, thus retreat to my world of continuous book writing and picture taking for the time being.

Of course, I am still open to guest bloggers should you have a little obession about anything.  And please check back soon, I have many great posts planned for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BORN IN BLOOD

Born in Blood by Kate Paulk. $1.99 from Smashwords.com
Vlad Dracul, known later in life as Vlad the Impaler, suffered more than any should at the hands of Mehmed, son of Sultan Murad. Of all the pain and indignities brought upon him at the behest of the future ruler of the Ottoman Empire, the curse was the worst. All the young Vlad can do is try to survive and plot his vengeance.