Curse of the Chupacabra

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I Can't Get "Under Pressure" Out Of My Head!

I've been busy lately - getting ready for the upcoming release of my first novel, "Night of the Chupacabra", and for the last two weeks I've been meaning to write a post at how "I Can't Get 'We Are the Champions' Out Of My Head!" No joke, the song has been stuck in my head that long! Then today, the day I decide to procrastinate from my novel's marketing and set aside an extra 30 minutes to write my post about the Queen song... it's gone... no more... and I don't dare relisten to it or attempt to hum a few bars to get it stuck back inside my head. As much as I love the song and the group who performs it, the silence in my head is a welcome relief; however, short lived. I don't know how, but I got a new song trapped inside the Queen concert inside my skull, only this time, there's a guest performer and his name is David Bowie.

I knew it would only be a matter of time. "Under Pressure" is one of the those songs I hear repeated over and over on 93.1 Jack FM here in Los Angeles and its surrounding counties (whose motto is, "Playing What We Want"). And most of the time, I love what they play, which is why it's currently my favorite radio station - broadcasting rock music from the 1970's thru 1990's mostly. I have been a fan of "Under Pressure" since as far back as I can remember hearing the song for the first time, which could very well have been in 1981 when the single was recorded for Queen's 10th studio album, 'Hot Space' released in 1982.

So, the original music video does not feature either Queen or Mr. Bowie because neither were available to film because of touring commitments, so I opted to post a video from a concert that features them both because there's just no denying the entertainment power of both of them, especially together:



No comments:

Post a Comment

BORN IN BLOOD

Born in Blood by Kate Paulk. $1.99 from Smashwords.com
Vlad Dracul, known later in life as Vlad the Impaler, suffered more than any should at the hands of Mehmed, son of Sultan Murad. Of all the pain and indignities brought upon him at the behest of the future ruler of the Ottoman Empire, the curse was the worst. All the young Vlad can do is try to survive and plot his vengeance.