Curse of the Chupacabra

Sunday, July 31, 2011

OMG! HFHF!?

Oh My God! Is Harrison Ford Having Fun!?

Harrison Ford has been high on my obsession gauge these last few days.  Not only is he one of the best parts of the new Weird Western "Cowboys & Aliens", but Mr. Ford has also dropped about 180 lbs. of crotchety old man.  For those who are not quite sure about what I mean, let me just say that Harrison has not exactly been known for being.... hmm, what's the word... warm?  There are many, many interviews that show Mr. Tough Guy as a little crass, guarded and, to a certain extent, paranoid.  This was always one of my least favorite qualities about one of my most favorite actors.  But I couldn't just drop him from the favorite actor roster for being grouchy; not Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Jack Ryan or his Oscar-nominated persona, John Book!  Impossible!  His personality was just something I learned to deal with over time, so it was with relief that Harrison Ford only did interviews when his contract dragged him kicking and screaming.  And, let me just say, that in the four years I worked as a publicist for feature films, "Praise Jesus, not a one of them was a Harrison Ford film!"

However, I'm changing my tune now.  You want to know why?  Because good ol' Harry looks to have changed his tune.

A couple years back, you may, or may not, remember a quirky, tongue-in-cheek feud going on between Jimmy Kimmel and Matt Damon, which consisted of their "significant others" having affairs with their nemesis's.  It all began with Jimmy Kimmel's girlfriend, Sarah Silverman, helping Matt Damon get back at Jimmy Kimmel for always "bumping" him off his show at the end of the night.  The video was called, "I'm Fucking Matt Damon" (which is absolutely hilarious!)  Well, Jimmy responded with his own, even more hilarious video called, "I'm Fucking Ben Affleck", in which Harrison Ford participates by making a very, VERY brief appearance, but the point is... HE MAKES AN APPEARANCE!!!  Harrison never does fun things like this! What the hell is going on?!? I'm not lying.  I have proof here, but don't blink, you might miss him:


Okay, so maybe this was a fluke. Maybe Mr. Ford just found a growth on his chest wasn't cancer.  Maybe Calista prepared his favorite meal (or did something else for him).  Maybe he received another residual check for Star Wars in the mail that day.  Who knows!?!

But now, during the promotion of 'Cowboys & Aliens'... Harry shocks me again!  And this time, it's not a bit part, he stars in this comedic spoof of probably his most beloved character, Han Solo.  Watch here:


So, you may have noticed, as did I, that this was another Jimmy Kimmel Production.  Perhaps the talk show host/comedian has some some dirt on Harry (hehe, Dirty Harry)  But I don't care!  Harrison Ford is not only a gifted actor, but his level of commitment to comedy truly makes him a uniquely funny man (but we'll just forget about 'Working Girl' right about now.)

Thank you Harrison Ford for embracing your celebrity, coming out of your cantankerous closet and being the well-rounded performer I always knew you could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BORN IN BLOOD

Born in Blood by Kate Paulk. $1.99 from Smashwords.com
Vlad Dracul, known later in life as Vlad the Impaler, suffered more than any should at the hands of Mehmed, son of Sultan Murad. Of all the pain and indignities brought upon him at the behest of the future ruler of the Ottoman Empire, the curse was the worst. All the young Vlad can do is try to survive and plot his vengeance.