Curse of the Chupacabra

Saturday, May 4, 2013

May the Fourth Be With You





Yes, I’ve taken a horrendous break from this blog to focus my time and attention on continuing my chupacabra books series and – yes, I’ll admit it here and now – another obsession that I’m still too obsessed over to take the time away from it to write about it.  However, I am breaking my hiatus to talk about one obsession that I have purposely saved for just this day… Star Wars.  If asked what my longest and dearest obsession is, it would be my love for this space saga.

Briefly turning the clock back in order to provide some perspective, I saw the original Star Wars on opening weekend.  My dad took me as an early gift for my seventh birthday; however, I specifically remember not carrying a lick about Star Wars (I think I actually wanted to see some Disney movie instead; ironic now, I know), and I think my dad wanted to see the movie badly enough not  to care what I wanted for my birthday – and am I ever glad he did.  It is one of my earliest and favorite memories, watching the opening scene with C-3P0 and R2-D2 under attack by Darth Vader and his storm troopers.  I was hooked, smitten, captivated, and flabbergasted.  I had never felt such instant passion about anything life had to offer until that moment.  To this day, I feel like watching Star Wars defined the person I eventually would become.

As I’m sure anyone with an IQ higher than 25 knows, Star Wars is not just a movie, but an empire (pun intended).  There are all six movies, the books, the soundtracks, the board games, the video games, the collections, the toys, the TV series, the expanded universe, etc, and I have a distinct passion for each of them; so this in no means the end of including Star Wars in my obsession blog.  This submission is meant only to be an introduction for what will eventually come and to say, “May the Force Be With You.”

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!! STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!
    (And, I guess, yay for your dad being an ass. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, his dictatorship has been beneficial from time to time.

      Delete

BORN IN BLOOD

Born in Blood by Kate Paulk. $1.99 from Smashwords.com
Vlad Dracul, known later in life as Vlad the Impaler, suffered more than any should at the hands of Mehmed, son of Sultan Murad. Of all the pain and indignities brought upon him at the behest of the future ruler of the Ottoman Empire, the curse was the worst. All the young Vlad can do is try to survive and plot his vengeance.